Thursday, December 1

- Men are all bastards. -

- and you all agree.

A friend asked me a question...
so is it that you just have a phobia of gettin tied down or something? or it's just that guys here suck?


And I reply:
... nah. more like, i have a phobia of.... men being bastards...
and they all are...
so maybe being the old maid who accumulates money exponentially over the years.... sounds more appealing. adopt some god-children.. and then donate my estate to charity...

** note that I didnt say that you men are vile creatures, ok. I didnt say "you suck". I'm so nice.

So all you men, like this male friend of mine, will say the same thing as his reply:
yeah I agree men are bastards


All you men will agree, that you men, are all bastards.
To give yourselves excuse to be one and the same.
Might I add an exasperated exclaimation here - HAIYOH and then expect alot more from us, women

So my friend argues from another point:
I admit to havin done some bastardly stuff b4; I try to keep it to a minimum though
it's not to give myself and excuse though...
It's more to remind myself that I'm not what I'd like to be


EXCELLENT, I at least I know he's somewhere intune with the sisterhoods' expectations... I mean, if the brotherhood has such expectations of us, shouldnt they also respect us - it is, afterall the turn of a new century.. its a free world (=

So I agree, on some level:
it will differ from one man to another... but all will unanimously agree that men are bastards. so that, just in case you decide to do something bastardly.... you've covered your ass.
doesnt mean you go all out to be a bastard... but as an assurance that you've covered, even if its 10%... of your ass

see... it boils down to the same thing...
all will unanimously agree.


And he kinda agrees with me... but I ask for the true-blue mans perspective - or rather, his perspective:
yeah it's pretty good, though I don't really agree with all of it.
I agree to being a bastard more so because I know I'm capable of it at times before. For me it's an acknowledment of the truth. *oooh, so brave*
More than anything I guess...it doesn't however mean that just cos all men are bastards and admit to it I should be allowed get away with it and feel that I have my ass covered just cos I admitted I was.

then again that's just me. I don't and can't speak on behalf of men


But the essence of my argument covers this:
you, as part of the male species, of course, ADMIT to it ..
Whether or not each individual male allows himself to be free of guilt...; or swing to the other end of the scale, be full of guilt.

the fact that you men admit to it... you men eventually will use it at one point or another, as an excuse... or in otherwords - "it covers your ass", kinda excuse


Justification (by him):
I know too many guys that are just happy to use the whole men are bastards to justify their actions

The 3 scenarios:
1) I've met so many guys that are quite happy to do as you say
2) then there are others who realise they've been bastards and try to act differently
3) but at some point or another, most guys have been a bastard, just some more so than others

I don't really know whether I've ever used it as an excuse before
I don't think that all men are bastards constitutes an excuse....
not to sound so morally outstanding, but everytime I've done something that I think I've been a bastard for I've never said ah men are bastards anyway.....It goes more like, "fuck what the hell did I do?"
--- This debate, I say, is that u use it as a checking
Maybe so, yes?


I get it... but that doesnt make you do less "bastardly stuff"
You can do in small quantity.. but BIG ON QUALITY Bastardly Stuff
But yeah, I agree, it ranges .... from individual to individual
Depending on their personal morality
Because that eventually, is subjective

THE ESSENCE (of my argument): is that, at anyone point, all men have used this excuse...
just that, because of the subjectivity of personality/ morality/ right and wrong ... differs from each individual, one can argue to small degrees.

see, you said it yourself...
"most guys have been bastards, just some more so than others"

Ah, but a good point he brought up
(track back: I don't think that all men are bastards constitutes an excuse....):
I don't think that all men are bastards constitutes an excuse.... - I don't agree that we all use it as an excuse still.


The word "excuse" is the most precise word i can find, to cover the topic in general
The words, cover, reasoning, defense, evasion, justification, rationalization.. they all can be used...

So me friend says:
There are some who are non-chalant abt having been a bastard...those I would agree they use it as an excuse.
And those who do something bastardly thing and realise it's wrong and try not to do it again or to make amends, those I don't think use it as an excues


ok, then use the word "rationalization"
but with that... the argument points more to subjectivity of the personality and morality (and all that crap) of the individual male.
which is... hhmm... i guess not wrong.
but doesnt give much grounds for a good debate
hahaha

Ah, and the debate concludes... only to drift to another juicy
topic!
B: that's alright I think most girls are bitches anyway. haha
me: aaaah, the conformity of society



But I need to sleep..........




** P.S in this entry, I often use the word "You" as a reference to all men


Current MSN Nick: Salsera Chinfee is Captivating? Exquisite? or Ravishing?

No comments: